The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) today announced 1,178 new cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Illinois, including 39 additional deaths.
– Cook County: 1 male 30s, 2 females 40s, 1 female 50s, 3 males 50s, 1 female 60s, 4 males 60s, 4 females 70s, 11 males 70s, 1 female 80s, 1 female 90s, 1 male 90s
– DuPage County: 1 male 70s
– Fayette County: 1 male 70s
– Kane County: 1 male 80s
– LaSalle County: 1 female 90s
– Madison County: 1 female 70s, 1 female 80s
– McHenry County: 1 female 60s
– Peoria County: 1 female 70s
– St. Clair County: 1 male 70s
Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 113,195 cases, including 4,923 deaths, in 100 counties in Illinois. The age of cases ranges from younger than one to older than 100 years. Within the past 24 hours, laboratories have reported 17,230 specimens for a total of 786,794.
Since this crisis began, there have been 22 positive staff and 47 positive residents at the Illinois Veterans’ Home at Manteno. Sadly, ten of those who tested positive for COVID-19 have passed away. The Veterans’ home in Anna has seen five residents test positive, one resident in LaSalle, and no positive cases at the Veterans’ Home in Quincy.
*All data are provisional and will change. In order to rapidly report COVID-19 information to the public, data are being reported in real-time. Information is constantly being entered into an electronic system and the number of cases and deaths can change as additional information is gathered. For health questions about COVID-19, call the hotline at 1-800-889-3931 or email email@example.com.