More than 134,000 COVID-19 vaccines administered in Illinois yesterday
The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) today reported 2,565 new confirmed and probable cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Illinois, including 50 additional deaths.
- Bureau County: 1 male 70s
- Champaign County: 1 female 90s
- Christian County: 1 female 80s
- Cook County: 1 male 30s, 1 female 40s, 1 male 40s, 1 female 50s, 1 female 60s, 2 males 60s, 3 females 70s, 2 males 70s, 2 females 80s, 1 male 80s, 2 females 90s, 1 male 90s
- DuPage County: 1 male 50s
- Ford County: 1 female 90s
- Fulton County: 1 male 90s
- Hancock County: 1 male 80s
- Jefferson County: 1 male 70s
- Kankakee County: 1 male 70s
- Lake County: 1 female 70s, 1 male 70s
- Livingston County: 1 male 90s
- Logan County: 1 female 90s
- Madison County: 1 male 60s, 1 female 70s, 1 male 80s
- Marion County: 1 male 80s
- Monroe County: 1 male 80s
- Randolph County: 1 male 80s
- Sangamon County: 1 female 80s
- St. Clair County: 1 male 70s, 1 male 80s
- Stark County: 1 female 90s
- Tazewell County: 1 male 60s
- Vermilion County: 1 female 80s
- Whiteside County: 1 female 80s
- Will County: 1 male 30s, 2 females 50s, 1 female 60s, 2 males 70s
Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 1,197,267 cases, including 20,750 deaths, in 102 counties in Illinois. The age of cases ranges from younger than one to older than 100 years. Within the past 24 hours, laboratories have reported 79,248 specimens for a total of 18,572,096. As of last night, 1,210 individuals in Illinois were reported to be in the hospital with COVID-19. Of those, 261 patients were in the ICU and 108 patients with COVID-19 were on ventilators.
The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total test from February 27–March 5, 2021 is 2.4%. The preliminary seven-day statewide test positivity from February 27–March 5, 2021 is 2.8%.
A total of doses of 3,824,675 vaccine have been delivered to providers in Illinois, including Chicago. In addition, approximately 443,700 doses total have been allocated to the federal government’s Pharmacy Partnership Program for long-term care facilities. This brings the total Illinois doses to 4,268,375. A total of 3,259,664 vaccines have been administered in Illinois as of last midnight, including 340,763 for long-term care facilities. The 7-day rolling average of vaccines administered daily is 90,428 doses. Yesterday, a record 134,239 doses were administered in Illinois.
*All data are provisional and will change. In order to rapidly report COVID-19 information to the public, data are being reported in real-time. Information is constantly being entered into an electronic system and the number of cases and deaths can change as additional information is gathered. Information for deaths previously reported has changed, therefore, today’s numbers have been adjusted. For health questions about COVID-19, call the hotline at 1-800-889-3931 or email email@example.com.