Guidance for Grocery Shopping
Stay home if you are sick.
Consider food or meal delivery; have family or friends shop for you.
- Go shopping at a time that’s less busy.
- Keep social distance while in the store (6-feet or two arms-length from other shoppers and grocery store staff).
- Use sanitizing wipes to clean and disinfect carts and shopping baskets.
- Bring a germicide to wipe your hands before and after shopping.
- Use tap and pay or credit/debit cards for purchases to reduce the risk of transmission through money.
- Use self-checkout lanes where possible to limit contact with employees.
- Use curbside pickup or grocery delivery services.
- Don’t use reusable bags.
- When you return home, wash your hands after handling packages and when finished putting items away.
Questions about COVID‐19?
Call 1‐800‐889‐3931 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Illinois Department of Public Health ‐ www.dph.illinois.gov