Environmental Health Specialist
The following represents a brief description of positions within the MCHD. Please note that each position in the MCHD entails a variety of duties and responsibilities which may or may not be listed.
Environmental Health Specialist Duties
This position is responsible for implementing a comprehensive environmental health protection program in accordance with IDPH requirements for effective Private Sewage Disposal, Water Well, and Food Sanitation Safety programs.
Additionally, this individual provides information to individuals and the public concerning vector-borne diseases and other environmental health-related topics.
Primary responsibilities in this position include:
- Provide information to the professional septic system, water well installation and maintenance personnel, and the public regarding IDPH sanitation and potable water system requirements.
- Conduct private sewage disposal system and water well installation inspections and produce written reports.
- Staying up to date on filing and record keeping.
- Provide information to food service personnel and the public regarding IDPH food service safety requirements.
- Perform food service site inspections and produce written reports.
- Perform other program and department functions in and outside the MCHD as requested.
- Complete all other duties assigned in an accurate, efficient, and timely manner.