The following represents a brief description of positions within the MCHD. Please note that each position in the MCHD entails a variety of duties and responsibilities which may or may not be listed.
Professional Nurse Duties
The Professional Nurse (RN) performs public and maternal-child health nursing duties at the MCHD for clients in the community.
These duties may include but are not limited to the following:
- Administering tests, procedures, and vaccines in accordance with MCHD standing orders and Illinois Department of Public Health guidelines.
- Staying up to date on training, filing and record keeping.
- Providing follow-up and intervention for individuals diagnosed with communicable diseases.
- Facilitating care coordination for individuals and families throughout the community and lifespan.
- Delivering nutrition and health education and guidance to pregnant women, parents, and guardians of children under the age of five.
- Educating individual clients and the public concerning a variety of health topics.
- Complete all other duties assigned in an accurate, efficient, and timely manner.
- Follow all policies and procedures of the MCHD responsibly and professionally.